1. Work with the store manager to choose products.
2. Work with the artwork manager on creating designs.
3. Work with the operations manager to ensure products can be printed.
4. Work with the store manager to determine the best way to display and price the product in the store.
5. Work with the sales promotion manager to determine the best way to promote the product.
The merchandise manager should know everything about the products that business sells because they are in charge of determining what products the business will sell. Therefore, the merchandise manager must be fashion or style-conscious, determining what products are most likely to sell in the store. Not every school store will have the same target market, so the merchandise manager must have a pulse on what is popular in their school and area.
Considering the amount of fellow managers that they merchandise manager must work with, communication is another important skill. Each manager has different abilities and responsibilities that affect their performance, and so the merchandise manager must know how to most effectively communicate with their fellow managers to make sure that the products they choose are in the best possible position to succeed.
Choosing Retail Products
Pricing Retail Products
Works with the store, artwork, operations, and sales promotion managers
Basic Fashion and Style
The Product Line & Strategies